Welcome to 2010!
(OK, so this is a photo from last summer, but we need a little green right about now, don't we?)
As part of my only New Year's resolution, which is to get organized again, I'm getting back to the daily routine.
Monday morning is cleaning day over here. After the weekend the house generally needs it.
I'm no Martha Stewart and I try to get this done as quickly as possible.
If you move fast you get a bit of a workout too. No gym needed on Mondays.
- Start a load of laundry
- Wash the dishes, wipe the counters - 20 minutes
- Straighten up and dust - 15 minutes
- By now I can put the first load of laundry in the dryer and add a new one to the washing machine. This is normally the last load, because I do a load of laundry every day. Remember?
- Take out garbage and recycling, wipe garbage can, replace bag - 5 minutes
- Sweep and Swiffer® floors - 20 minutes
- Empty wastepaper baskets - 5 minutes
- Windex shiny surfaces: stainless steel trashcan, ss microwave, window above the sink, kitchen scale, sliding door - 2 minutes
- Swish the bathrooms (wipe out sinks, toilet rims) - 3 minutes
- Vacuum - 15 minutes
- Fold first load of laundry and put second load in the dryer - 5 minutes